Grey Street Dentist is proud to be servicing patients from St Kilda, St Kilda East, Balaclava, Elwood, Albert Park, Middle Park, Windsor and Prahran areas since the 1970’s. Dr. Hyun Soo Yu is now leading the Grey Street Dentist team which has hosted generations of dentists. We have lots of patients who have been attending Grey Street Dentist for many years, whom we have seen grow up and have their own families!
In addition to outstanding dentistry, our difference is the way we treat our patients, something we are tremendously proud of. For our team, it is not about just coming in from time to time for an emergency or repair, it’s about illustrating the importance of regular maintenance as well as building relationships through trust and familiarity. As most of our patients agree, we pride ourselves on giving each and every person that walks in the door that personal touch.
YOUR FIRST APPOINTMENT
When you are coming to Grey Street Dentist for the first time we suggest coming in 10 minutes earlier to fill in a patient registration form. This helps to ensure the diary to run on schedule for our patients and allows us to spend more valuable time on your dental care.
For patients with private health insurance we recommend you to bring your card along so we can claim on the spot. Saves having to pay in full and claim in your own personal time!
Payment is required in full on the day of the service. We understand that occasionally times are tough financially so if you are struggling and looking for options, give our practice a call and we will discuss what we can do. We have payment plans available through Denticare payment solutions for those who are eligible.
Please keep in mind, we do our best to quote the anticipated fees over the phone and most of the time we are pretty much on the mark, but be aware that until the dentist has a look, it is very hard for us to give an exact amount.
- Unlike Medicare, dental fees are not subsidised the Federal Government and there is no recognised schedule
- Fees have to be set by the dentist to take account of individual costs of practice which will vary in different practices.
- As a general rule, a dentist has to pay out approximately 70% of all fees received in the overhead costs of running the practice
- Lower Fees may mean cuts to vital steps of treatment compromising quality of treatment
- The fees charged are kept as low as possible whilst providing care of the highest quality
- There is not comfort in providing cheap dentistry as is means a lower quality care for patients.
- Prevention is better than cure! Regular check ups are a relatively cheap way to avoid higher costs
HICAPS – Easy, on the spot claims
Credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, AMEX)
GE GEM Visa – 6 month interest free terms available
Denticare – payment solutions
Medicare – Child Dental Benefits Scheme
We understand that life is busy, but to ensure the smooth running of our practice, we ask for 24hrs cancellation notice. It helps us to maximize our time and to give appointments to those in need especially those in a lot on pain.
Unfortunately we will charge a $60 cancellation fee to those that don’t give us adequate notice, which we really don’t like to do. So please give us a call, flick us a text message or leave a message so we don’t have to!